Local Anesthetics Review: 2 CEs
Local Anesthetics Review
Credit hours/CE: 2
MaryLou Austin, RDH, MS, Health Science Editor
Michelle Jameson, MA, Health Science Editor
- Review and know the most commonly used local anesthetics in clinical dentistry.
- Understand the criteria for anesthetic choice based on the procedure and the patient’s medical history.
- Identify common anatomical landmarks used in the administration of a local anesthetic.
- Review types of injections used for particular procedures and need for profound anesthesia.
- Know the difference between infiltration and nerve block anesthetic applications.
This course is a comprehensive review of the most commonly used local anesthetics and their properties, an anatomy review of knowledge necessary for proper placement of local anesthetics and a review of commonly used injection types and their indications for use. This course is suitable for dentists and hygienists who are licensed by their state boards to administer local anesthesia and who require a continuing education course in local anesthetics for license renewal. This is an AGD CERP approved course in all 50 states.