Texas OSHA & HIPAA Requirements for Dental Offices by Februrary 2018
Dental offices in Texas have been notified to become compliant for OSHA & HIPAA training by Februrary 15, 2018--according some of our Texas customers. MyDentalCE.com can help with this training. We are an approved provider in Texas. We have affordable packages for 1-employee, various 3-packs, and various 10-OSHA video viewings and 10-HIPAA text base courses. Custom packages are available + a "Train the Trainer" package is good for practice OSHA safety officers.
Let us help. Get Peace of Mind | MyDentalCE.com
Texas Dental Board excerpt:
The following conditions and restrictions shall apply (As per TSBDE Rule 104.1):
- At least 8 hours of coursework must be either technical or scientific as related to clinical care. The terms "technical" and "scientific" as applied to continuing education shall mean that courses have significant intellectual or practical content and are designed to directly enhance the practitioner's knowledge and skill in providing clinical care to the individual patient.
- Up to 4 hours of coursework may be in risk-management courses. Acceptable "risk management" courses include courses in risk management, record-keeping, and ethics.
- Up to 6 hours of coursework may be self-study. These self-study hours must be provided by those entities cited in TSBDE Rule 104.2 of this title (relating to Providers). Examples of self-study courses include interactive courses, correspondence courses, video courses, audio courses, and reading courses.
- Hours of coursework in the standards of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) may not be considered in the 12-hour requirement.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training may be used towards continuing education hours.
- Hours of coursework in practice finance may not be considered in the 12-hour requirement.
- Completion of the TSBDE Jurisprudence Assessment may not be considered in the 12-hour requirement.