Infection Control OSHA Focus 2019 | # 1 Bestseller | 2 CEs
Infection Control OSHA Focus 2019 | 2 CEs/ credit hours
MaryLou Austin, RDH, MS, Health Science Editor
Howard A. Boone, MD, Infection Control Instrument Processing Specialist
CDC, OSAP, NIH, OSHA, and other public domain sources
- Review important terms and concepts in infection control.
- Know routes of transmission for disease causing microorganisms.
- Know Standard Precaution measures mandated by state and federal guidelines.
- Identify strategies to prevent occupational exposures to bloodborne pathogens.
- Know post-accidental exposure protocols per OSHA.
- Identify Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for dental personnel.
- Describe the various sterilization methods for non-critical, semi, and critical instruments and devices.
- Know how to monitor effectiveness of sterilization.
- Understand an office infection control program in a dental office
Infection Control OSHA Focus is designed to meet 2019 general dental board license renewal requirements and is approved by the Dental Board of California for 2019-2020, for review of IC topics. Includes Bloodborne Pathogens Hazard Communication, best IC practices, CDC and OSHA guidelines, and various topic updates through 2019. Reviews sterilization technique, chain of infection control, current topics, provides useful resources, and the law. New updates for Tuberculosis management & dental unit water line. And more interactivity. Additional staff resources are included in this edition. Suitable for all members of the dental team.
Academy of General Dentistry nationally approved CE provider (#373218) in all states (except for New York Infection Control 4 CE initial registration course) including California RP #5100.
Call (530) 238-5333 or Email us: CEsupport@MyDentalCE.com. Group discounts available.
MyDentalCE.com accepts no commercial support for any of our courses. All sources/editors/authors for all MDC courses have signed conflict of interest declarations on file at MyDentalCE.com.