NEW Infection Control OSHA Focus 2021: Updated #1 Bestseller 2 CEs
Infection Control OSHA Focus 2021 | 2 CEs/ credit hours
NEW EDITION for 2021 with interactive media, short videos, COVID-19 guidelines, new resources, general updates on Infection Control Topics; Revised & Updated July 2021. Originally published Dec 2019.
MaryLou Austin, RDH, MS, Health Science Editor
Michell Jameson, RN, MA
Howard A. Boone, MD, Infection Control Instrument Processing Specialist
CDC, OSAP, NIH, OSHA, and other public domain sources
- Review important terms and concepts in infection control including CDC Guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Know routes of transmission for disease causing microorganisms.
- Use Standard Precaution measures mandated by state and federal guidelines.
- Recognize the main OSHA standards pertinent in dentistry. (BBP, HazCom, Infection Control, Radiation Safety, General Safety).
- Identify strategies to prevent occupational exposures to bloodborne pathogens.
- Know post-accidental exposure protocols per OSHA.
- Identify Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for dental personnel.
- Describe the various sterilization methods for non-critical, semi, and critical instruments and devices.
- Know how to monitor effectiveness of sterilization.
- Understand an office infection control program in a dental office
Infection Control OSHA Focus is updated to meet 2021-22 general dental board license renewal requirements and is approved by the Dental Board of California for 2021-2022, for review of all IC topics including COVID-19 guidance. Includes Bloodborne Pathogens Hazard Communication, best IC practices, CDC and OSHA guidelines including COVID-19, and various topic updates through 2021. Reviews sterilization technique, chain of infection control, current topics, provides useful resources, and the law. New updates for Tuberculosis management & dental unit water line. COVID Guidance in Dental Settings is CDC current information for patient & staff safety. Suitable for all members of the dental team especially clinicians.
Academy of General Dentistry nationally approved CE provider (#373218) in all states (except for New York Infection Control 4 CE initial registration course) including California RP #5100.
Call (530) 238-5333 or Email us: CEsupport@MyDentalCE.com. Office discounts available.
MyDentalCE.com accepts no commercial support for any of our courses. All sources/editors/authors for all MDC courses have signed conflict of interest declarations on file at MyDentalCE.com.