Human Trafficking for Dental incl. FL
Human Trafficking for Dental Pros
Credit hours/CE: 2 Approved CEBroker / FL Dental Board provider #50-19593
MaryLou Austin, RDH, MS, Health Science Editor
Michelle Jameson, MA, Health Science Editor
CDC, NIH, Florida Dept of Health, Polaris Project
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Discuss trends in human trafficking, and oral health professionals' role in identifying, treating, and helping victims.
- Explain the types of individuals that human traffickers target, and the tactics for manipulating victims.
- Describe common oral injuries that trafficking victims present with, and reasons why victims underreport abuse.
- Understand best ways to document trauma or injuries.
- Know how to access law enforcement and reporting resources.
This course gives an overview of human trafficking, a modern form of slavery. Health providers, like dentists and staff are some professionals who may come into contact with victims while they are being trafficked. Identification, assessment, and documentation strategies are discussed. Florida reporting requirements and information is included in a section in the course.