Opioids Overview & Guidelines for Dentists: Pain Management: 3 CEs
Opioids Overview & Guidelines for Dentists | Pain Management Review
3 CEs/ Contact Credit Hours
Published: May 2019 Updated: December 2021 Expires: August 2022
Pages: 32 & online videos within the course
Course Instructors/Health Science Editors: MaryLou Austin, RDH, MS, Michelle Jameson, MA
Public Domain Information Sources: CDC, NIH, HHS, Washington Medical Agencies, ADA Opioid Policies, Bree Collaborative, et al.
Questions? Contact Us: Phone: 530 238-5333 or Email: CEsupport@MyDentalCE.com
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Know the principles of pain management for acute pain in dental patients.
- Understand basic pharmacokinetics of opioids.
- Understand the mechanisms of opioid agonists and antagonists.
- Understand the physiologic mechanisms of pain.
- Identify opioid dependence and screening techniques for narcotic abuse.
- Apply best practices guidelines for opioid prescribing & the use of alternate medications.
- Access current information & resources regarding the opioid crisis in the U.S.
- Be able to integrate safe prescribing methods for opioids in your practice.
This resource packed course provides dentists with a clear understanding of the mechanics of pain management and strategies for treating pain with opioids as well as non-opioid alternatives. This course material also provides a review of the basic pharmacology and physiology associated with pain management medications. And current information on the Opioid crisis in the USA is thoroughly discussed and ample external resources and information are included.